The School’s Research Administrator can provide support to faculty in the following areas:
- Procure supplies and materials tied to research.
- Process student, staff and faculty appointments on research grants.
- Review expenditures and ensure compliance with sponsor and university guidelines.
- Liaise with the university’s Office of Sponsored Project Services.
- Student appointments: Research investigators seeking support from the school on student appointments will need to complete the Hiring Request Form and notify the research administrator two weeks in advance of the start of the appointment by email; ideally all student appointments should be processed no later than:
- Spring semester: January 10
- Summer: May 10
- Fall: August 10
- Vendor payments: Prior approval must be obtained through a purchase order created in ShopBlue before anything is arranged or purchased from a vendor.
- Independent contractor payments: A Request for Advance Approval form is required prior to the commencement of any work by a contractor.
- Travel: All travel must be approved prior to making any travel arrangements. All researchers should complete the Travel Pre-Approval Form; once approval has been received, then travel may be arranged.
Contact our Research Administrator: Barbara Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org