The School of Architecture and Planning is committed to accelerating all types of scholarship, including research and creative activities, pursued by our faculty to influence and transform knowledge, policies and practices across our disciplines. We work together to improve the social, economic, ecological, technological and built environments of communities around the world, particularly those in Western New York and New York State.
Our staff members at the School of Architecture and Planning are here to support faculty with planning, preparing and submitting proposals for grant applications. We offer the following types of assistance:
- Meet with faculty to discuss proposal ideas;
- Suggest an appropriate timeline to complete proposal tasks;
- Assistance in developing project budgets and other supporting documents for a grant proposal;
- Provide (or secure) editorial assistance for proposals for submission to external funders;
- Aid with submission of forms through the UB Click portal (this process is required for all proposal submissions through UB) including proposals, budgets, financial disclosures, and Institutional Review Board proposals.
- Coordinate training workshops that would help facilitate grant writing, pre-award budget preparation, proposal submission, and post-award spending (faculty are encouraged to propose ideas for workshops);
- Provide photographic resources to illustrate ideas in a grant proposal; to provide photography assistance for work completed during a grant for publications or other deliverables tied to a grant;
- Provide access to archival resources that are available in the School of Architecture and Planning;
- Perform searches for potential funding sources (faculty are encouraged to share topics or themes for which they are seeking funding). The Office of Research Advancement can also assist with funding sources.
Please complete the Research and Creative Activities Request Form to request support for journal articles, books, proposals for competitions, fellowships, residencies, exhibitions, and/or any deliverable that advances excellence in research and creative practice.