o connect to any of the School of Architecture and Planning printers and plotters from Windows 7 or Windows 10, please do the following:
Install PaperCut Software:
If you have not established a connection to the share drive, please do so by following the instructions for windows systems here
- Once on the share drive, navigate to S:\orgs\ITServices\PaperCut\win and run “client-local-install.exe” to begin the installation. You can leave any installation settings set to default.
- After install, PaperCut will prompt you for log-in credentials, enter your UBIT username and password to log in.
- Once successfully logged in, a widget should pop-up showing your current print balance.
Connect to Our Printers:
- Connect to the Wi-Fi at UB
- Click on the START button / icon on the windows taskbar.
- Type \\arpl-25 and press “Enter”.
- You will be prompted to log in. You must use your UBIT username (AD\username) and your UBIT password.
Note: If the system defaults to the username used to log into your laptop, choose to use other credentials on the prompt, then enter the correct information.
- A list of printers available will appear. Double click on the printer that you want to connect to. A connection window will appear while the system downloads the necessary drivers to your computer. Click OK to any confirmation messages that appear. When completed, a printer queue window will appear.
- PaperCut software must be installed on your system in order to print to our devices.
- After you send your print, you will be presented with a pop-up from PaperCut detailing the cost and specifics of the job. Your print will not be sent to the printer until you accept the charges.
- If you have been given access to a print billing code, you will be able to select it from the drop-down on the confirmation pop-up. Jobs billed to one of the billing codes will not be deducted from your personal balance.
- You can view your print account details including balance, transaction history, recent print jobs, and assigned billing codes by clicking ”Details” in the PaperCut widget.
- Local security settings on your system (i.e. Symantec or Windows Firewall) may block you from connecting to the printers. If you are unable to connect please contact us for assistance.